Reply To: Level 1 Video Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Video Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Video Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Participant

Lesson 16 video assignment approximately 1 hour

One of the things that I found most important in this video was the explanation of the blood, the beer, and mandrake. This mixture called the Setjert was used by Djehuti to bring Hetheru back to Ra. This symbolic mixture can be applicable to my own life. The blood which represent intoxication with worldly desires or egoism. The beer which represent intoxication with worldly pleasures.The mandrake which represent spiritual things, which lead fullness, righteousness and peace.

When I look at my own life I see how I have a alloed worldly pleasures and desires to cause me to stray away from Ra. But, when I practice shedy I also see myself on a journey to return back to the Supreme Neter. What is so remarkable about this mixture is that it doesn’t command me to stop my worldly desires or worldly pleasures. It mixes in the things of God which forces the worldly things to submit. In other words, my lower self succumbs to my higher self.

When I practiced Christianity I found it difficult to walk in my higher self.The reason it was so difficult was the mandrake was not in my conscience, but in the man made person of Jesus. The Bible not only provided me with man-made strategies to walk in my higher self, it also commanded that I stop worldly desires and worldly pleasures. The emphasis was placed on physical strategies instead of my conscience as a means of awakening. The practice of the Shetaut Neter has redirected my focus. I now understand that I am a soul with a body and not a body with a soul.