Reply To: Amenemopet Discussion and Assignments Forum

Sehu Khepera
Participant

Udja,

The Summary by Unut Unshen as very well written and addressed the main and major points of the lesson. I would like to add a few points which I find to be relevant and salient.

The ordinary definition of philosophy explains that philosophy entails a love of wisdom. We can transpose that to mean, didactically, a love of wisdom philosophy and empirically and mystically a love of the Goddess of Wisdom, Aset. Also, it entails, that philosophy is a study in to the fundamentals of existence, we can transpose that to mean a study of the Neteru, the parts and transformers of Divine power in the cosmic realms of existence.

The definition of philosophy by Rene Descartes, was explained in the video to be closer to the Ancient Egyptian posit of philosophy. What I found salient about this definition is the principle of the use of reason. We further understand that knowledge has its limitations due to the phenomenal construct of mind, its transitory nature.
The lesson also went through the principle of philosophy according to the native Kemetic terminology. Of salience is the term, Seba with the determinative of the forearm. This nuance in the term is very important as it denotes the process of teaching and intimates a specific effortful nature of delivering the teaching.

The term Sebayyt (wisdom philosophy) was also explained and the determinatives of the term were also emphasized. As in the term Seba, the determinative gives great insight in to the principle of Sebayyt, the implication of the scroll being that the nature of the teachings goes beyond mundane matters and is seated in the abstract.
HTP