Reply To: Amenemopet Discussion and Assignments Forum

Un Shen
Participant

Part 1
What was the main issue covered in the lecture that you feel was important for you to understand and should be important for the beginning students to understand at some point – about their behavior and how it affects their spiritual development?

Part 2
Create either a True/False question or “Fill-in-the-blank” question about an important topic that was covered in the lecture based on the issue in part 1.

Note the time index on the video, where the issue was discussed and where the question is being derived from.

Human Personality and Ethical Human Interactions

Sebai Maa – Sage Amenomope (Amenhotep) Lecture 2

The main issue in the discourse that was important for me to understand deals with using the teachings to live well and being serviceable to self and other people. The philosophy of a society can be dichotomized into two components: 1. ethics (i.e., morals, integrity, wise codes of living, virtuous consciousness, etc.) and 2. barbarism (i.e., without culture, lacking culture, cruelty, ignorance, etc.). The teachings of Sage Amenemope lead one to prosperity and help a person’s mind enter its shrine. Indeed, the teachings inform us that the ab vessel metaphorically houses the seeds of thoughts and feelings acquired from past experiences. Our state of mind in the present informs us if we have lived righteously (in a state of awareness) or ignorantly (in an unaware state). The mind that transcends mundane consciousness (i.e., agitation, weakness, tackiness, gooeyness, etc.) goes to Khenti (i.e., its foremost essential being) and thus, enters the Shrine of the Soul (Asar) – where the mind becomes Self-aware and seated in its glorious abode. Insight into the Hor em Akhet (Sphinx) provides further guidance for Self to practice the teachings and exude well-being in the human costume. The teachings inform us that a fully developed person has a human head (intellect of higher mind) coupled with the body of a lion (control over lower forces, energy). In this way, the teachings will be a mooring post (i.e., point of mental stability) for self whenever the tumult (i.e., Neshety storm) of anxiety, anger, confusion, ignorance, etc. engendered by Set starts. The enlightened illumine and empower others, yet ultimately leave self and others in the hands of God. To this end, the God within ultimately helps self on the spiritual path – where God applies one’s karmic debt (i.e., ariu) to one’s life at every instant. Sage Amenomope teachings instruct aspirants be sated (i.e., full, satisfied) with the light and to not engage the hot-tempered. Let God handle the hot-tempered personalities, until rational discussion can occur. Indeed, God will create a life situation in response to their heat so that they can learn and grow in Self-awareness and divine purity.

In closing, it is important to take responsibility for what we think, speak and do in time and space – independent of how others behave with us. Blaming others for our behavior is inconsistent our innate Soul power. Oftentimes, the masses are encumbered in an unaware state; thus, they are unable live in accordance with Ma’at (truth, justice, righteousness, virtue). To this end, people beg for love, peace and happiness from other because they are unaware that this is their natural (soul) state of beingness. Sages/saints live naturally in peace, love and happiness – are emotionally strong and thus, do not get overpowered by people and situations. In a word, they radiate their willpower purity and uplift. In an aware state, we consciously respond through our innate qualities of peace, love and happiness instead of reacting via negative personality traits acquired over many lifetimes. This is the charge of all sincere aspirants.

Question: Timestamp ~ 12:40 minute mark of video

Choose the job(s)/position(s) held by Sage Amenemopet :
• overseer of fields who records the markers on the borders of fields
• who acts for the king in his listing of taxes
• the scribe who determines the offerings for all the Gods
• the overseer of grains; provider of foods; who supplies the granary (i.e., warehouse, storehouse, silo, barn) with greens
• none of the above

HTP,
Un Shen