Reply To: Integral Studies Program on the Clergy of Ancient Kamit-Asar Amuntyt- Local Programs–Ritual Programs development

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Integral Clergy of Kemet Studies Program Integral Studies Program on the Clergy of Ancient Kamit-Asar Amuntyt- Local Programs–Ritual Programs development Reply To: Integral Studies Program on the Clergy of Ancient Kamit-Asar Amuntyt- Local Programs–Ritual Programs development

Amuntyt
Participant

This email is from of the Shems (Basu) that have been attending the Temple for 4 years now:

Udja,
I hope all is well. Just wanted to clear a few things up before Sunday. The other night during the meeting you mentioned the words “ego” and “serving” when I gave you the reasons why I wasn’t strongly involved in Wednesday night devotion. I just want to let you know that it is the positive aspects of my ego (which serve me) that gives me the strength to go out and serve others as I do. I serve my wife. I serve Temple of Amun. I serve Shetaut Neter. And I serve my community! Even today a group of brothers and I went out and built 20 garden beds for people in our community just so they can be self sufficient and achieve some sort of African autonomy. We did this free of charge. I serve. Since this entire pandemic I have not been sitting on my butt with my mask on. I’ve been busting my butt at the farm three to four days out of the week preparing the land, growing and harvesting food for others. I serve. Priest Ra Tem put me in a position to learn, grow, and teach others. He set me up nicely to achieve spiritual and soulical victory, but I will achieve that victory at my own pace. Me being unable to attend or choosing not to attend Wednesday night devotions will not make or break my spiritual journey. I hope you don’t take any of these words personally, but I’m going to share with you what my mother told me. She said to me, “I am doing my best. If my best isn’t good enough for you, then you need to find someone else.” I will never forget those words. That’s how I feel about being a basu. From hence forth I will no longer be a basu with the Temple of Amun. I appreciate the opportunity. Ankh, udja, seneb.

Djhty Khpr Ka

Below is Seba Dja’s response to me:

Udja,

Dua for sharing.

My response:

Ny, appropriate to respond, “Dua for your divine service. HTP.” (SMaa agrees with this also).

Why? Because he already made that decision: “That’s how I feel about being a basu. From hence forth I will no longer be a basu with the Temple.”

So, u are just accepting his decision…to forgo being a Basu. His decision/choice.

However, I would also include in a response to him, that you are accepting HIS decision.

[I would not acknowledge that you are taking his basu title away, since we don’t currently do this, unless it’s part of your Temple process to strip aspirants of Basu title. But that HE no longer wants to be a Basu, u are a accepting that].

If u r accepting His decision, that leaves the door open in the future, for him to change his mind and ask u to reinstate him. Then, this would be the time to have a deep discussion about his this situation, and to redetermine his growth, maturity, humility, probationary reinstatement, etc.

So, for now, it seems you have a space to fill.

Sebaimaa shared with you how he felt about his proposal at the Temple where initiatic teachings were being shared. He did not even think to ask either SMaa or myself if this is ok.

I shared with you about my take of him as a Basu for the Tjef Neteru, that in a way its problematic that he’s a good teacher, because he’s in a way “tainting” the teachings and other aspirants drawn to him because of his capacity in the Tjef neteru, by mixing it with his melanin superiority beliefs.

So, should he be within an elevated position in the Temple while he still is working through these issues?

Granted, everyone has issues to work through, but this is one of the foundational ones that Sema/Temple of Aset us based on, not discriminating based on the color of the skin the soul has put on.

We also had a minor issue with him with his book when shared with the trip group, and we told him the process he would need to go thru to have it vetted to share with general temple. He got upset. He did not pursue it.

So, from my perspective, his sitting out, this break, and stepping down as Basu, will give him an opportunity to hopefully further work on supressing and sublimating his egoism, and integrate his personality and maturing spiritually, to perhaps in the future become worthier of the these roles again…including having humility towards the current spiritual clergy leader of the group.

And ny, it relates to what SMaa had shared about qualifications. But as for my thoughts about this, we don’t have a lot of qualified aspirants to choose from. So either we wait and wait for this process of aspirants to become qualified, or will have to expect such situations occurring when non qualified persons are chosen. This is a delicate situation to balance, since we can’t force others to grow spiritually.

I feel there is also a gender “male female imbalance” component.

I have had some interactions with another male embodied aspirant I at times work closely with. One one occasion, the aspirant was a bit overwhelmed with things going on, neglected to tell me some information, and reacted very strangely to my request for the information, like I was “nagging” him. It felt like how a spouse would react to being “nagged” by a spouse.

It felt like there was a displacement of communications-reactions from their relationship(s) with their wife, that was projected on me in an egoistic response. I felt it was an inappropriate response, and would be even be so between just that aspirant and another aspirant (Sen Senti). I shared with them the response was not appropriate for myself, and would even be so for anyone else in the community. The aspirant humbly apologized, expressed they were overwhelmed in the moment, and meant no disrespect.

I share this, as there may also be a gender component here as well, of his mother realted ariu, as he expressed:
“I hope you don’t take any of these words personally, but I’m going to share with you what my mother told me.”

That is ariu he has to purify from also.

And also, he may have internalized her words to him in a defensive mechanism way, a take it or leave it choice, which is more ariu to be purified.

He stated: “She said to me, “I am doing my best. If my best isn’t good enough for you, then you need to find someone else.” I will never forget those words.”

While I don’t know if he has said those words back to her in return, he has now given it back to the mother triggering figure, you.

Also, He brought up UAB Ra Tem as giving him the authority to be in his current position, not u, “but I will achieve that victory at my own pace.”

That pace part relates to him feeling you are pushing him at a pace that is uncomfortable for him. So, it seems that he may be feeling that you are going against RaTem, by criticizing him instead of praising, afterall, he stated he is doing a lot of service for the community, and that is not being considered, acknowledged or appreciated, and rather, u r calling him egoistic for his not participating in the wed devotional.

So to me that seems to be an expression of imbalanced male female relationship ariu, relating to the “criticizing female” stereotype or ariu, and overlook of your role in his spiritual evolution currently, as leader Clergy of the Temple.

So, like aspirants in general he has issues to work out, including male female relationship issues.

But as his issues are being displaced onto you, in an egoistic way, this will not allow working harmoniously with u as it needs to be for the Temple interactions to work.

So, his time out that he gave himself is quite appropriate. So now he’s just a “regular aspirant”, which he choose to become. As a sincere aspirant, his soul will lead him to work out these issues….over time.

So, if asked, he resigned the position…and HE discarded his Basu title (not you).

And if he continues to participate in the Temple, he is treated as any other general Temple member, as long as he is not disruptive to that process.

Of course applying our communication skills we have worked on in the clergy course, in any communications.

We have gone through this type of experience with aspirants of different levels over the years.

Once again, “compadre!” [Lol!]

Of course, he just simple needed to call u and share, well about Weds devotional, I find it challenging to connect online. It’s just not moving me. So I would appreciate if I can take a break from Wednesdays. Also, I’m doing a lot of service for the community right now, so I’m still involved in service. You would have understood, perhaps asked if he had suggestions to make it more engaging, and told him very good for his service to the community.

But hes not at that level of positive ariu expression. So it expressed this way, for the ariu to express, if not for him to recognize it, then for u, for your own spiritual maturity in furure determining the who is qualified.

File the letter away, as u may need to pull it up one day in the future when he’s gone thru some cleansing and maturing and ready to be Basu again.

Peace and Blessings,
Seba Dja