Reply To: Clergy Studies Book Reading Series 2020 Egyptian Mysteries Vol 3 Priests and Priestesses of Ancient Egypt

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Clergy Studies Book Reading Series 2020 Egyptian Mysteries Vol 3 Priests and Priestesses of Ancient Egypt Reply To: Clergy Studies Book Reading Series 2020 Egyptian Mysteries Vol 3 Priests and Priestesses of Ancient Egypt

“What Does It Mean To Live By Truth?”

“Reality is good, Delusion is bad.”

While reflecting on the lesson covered in the last Hmu class which discussed that a successful Neterian aspirant is one who can live by truth, one section of the text (the one above), resonated with me.

At a basic level who doesn’t agree with the premise that reality is good, and delusion is not? Wouldn’t all claim this to be so? But after reflection and thought, it seems clear that few who would claim this know what this means let alone know how to live life in this way.

This opinion is not said because of the belief that people don’t want to live their lives based on reality and the truth of what life’s reality is. Instead it is said because what many consider to be reality is itself the delusion and conversely what is real and true to them, they consider as delusion.

While acceptance of this premise helps an aspirant be successful in the teachings, often new people coming into the teachings intuitively know that something is amiss in the world and the way it is. However, few at the beginning stage are able to articulate what exactly about the world has brought them to the teachings and what they’re looking for with them.

It takes time to purify enough to be able to understand the basic levels of the teachings. Time which doesn’t occur overnight. So while reflecting on this part of the lesson it seemed to me that while this lesson is for the clergy to assist them with how best to disseminate the teachings to rekhyt/neophyte types, it also seemed to be talking to us the Hmu also.

Reality is real no matter who lives in accordance with it or not. In short reality is what it is. Correct thinking as I understand it leads one to awakening/realization of what is real. In the book Egyptian Yoga Vol 1 Sebai Maa stated that correct thinking occurs when one sees all things in Creation as manifestations of ONE Pure Essence or Consciousness. Correct thinking takes practice as few see Creation in this way. Over time in conjunction with the integrated practices of Yoga, since this is the reality, ignorance is purified from the personality and what was at first practiced becomes real.

At the most basic level if one is not consistently practicing looking at/seeing everything we interact with in this way, can it be said that we accept the premise that reality is good? Wouldn’t this also mean that anything less than the conscious mental practice of identifying any thought/action supporting individuality or separateness would be acceptance of delusion and a ratification of that?

So while this lesson will assist me foundationally with those I have the privilege of disseminating the teachings to, this lesson made it clear to me the areas in my practice where I verbally tell myself that reality is good while simultaneously ratifying practices and beliefs that are inherently delusional.

Dua Sebai Maa,
Dua Seba Dja,
Dua Hmu.