Reply To: Clergy Studies Book Reading Series 2020 Egyptian Mysteries Vol 3 Priests and Priestesses of Ancient Egypt

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Integral Clergy of Kemet Studies Program Clergy Studies Book Reading Series 2020 Egyptian Mysteries Vol 3 Priests and Priestesses of Ancient Egypt Reply To: Clergy Studies Book Reading Series 2020 Egyptian Mysteries Vol 3 Priests and Priestesses of Ancient Egypt

Amuntyt
Participant

Who is Qualified to be taught the Teachings? The requirements from the readings make it very clear that there are special qualities an aspirant must have to assimilate and to accommodate the teachings. In my experience I have seen many who love Sebai Maa’s books but lose the initial fire for the teachings or the zest after a while. Maybe they were impatient for the “magic” or they simply just wanted to read a good book on Egypt. The priest would warn me of the heated personalities that were so fired up on the teachings – that they would eventually burn out.
But I have seen it both ways, those who were slow to embrace the teachings and those who were passionate. I’ve seen both leave. There were members that left shortly after the transition of Priest RaTem. When the priest was very sickly, I admonished them that their desire should be for the teachings regardless who was giving the teachings.
We discussed last week how academic achievement from this society is not necessarily an indicator on who is qualified either. After all the Priest had only a 3rd grade education. He had a strong love for the teachings, things mystical & magical and of course Sebai Maa. It was his familiar folksy style that helped attract most of the Temple of Amun’s members. His uncanny abilities to attract just the regular folks with or without degrees. Most of our members have an interest in Afrikan history, organization (community) and service. His passion and knowledge kept them engaged for the most part they were ready to serve. The challenge was to get them to realize that they were to learn how to serve their higher self.
The issue around psychosis is another challenge since by virtue of living in the America paradigm makes us all a little crazy. But To me recognizing people’s psychosis takes a while since most of us are good at hiding our neuroses. So, the neuroses stay hidden until pressed for accountability. Accountability which indicates how well someone not only understand the teachings but also their practice of the teachings. Repetition, repetition, repetition of the practice of the Shedy disciplines seems to help chisel away a certain amount of psychosis so one can at least assimilate and even accommodate the myth and ritual.
“The extension of the intellect which we possess for the survey of transcendent things, is very narrow; but most ample when it shall perceive with the felicity of self-consciousness.” AEP, pg 101
“The secrets of the universe cannot be discovered through study and research alone but the honest search for truth and the development of an incorruptible mind qualifies the seeker for higher instruction.” AEP, pg 101