Reply To: Amenemopet Discussion and Assignments Forum

Amuntyt
Participant

Lesson 4: Part 1 – Reflection/Summary

Lesson 4 starts off with instructions on satisfaction and ends with a continuation of the heated personality. The subjects “satisfaction and a heated personality” definitely do complement one another because it is very difficult for a heated personality to be satisfied with what he has. He searches for happiness through stealing, through hurting others, through lying, through a myriad of activities outside of themselves. There is a constant burning in him to seek for fulfillment outside of himself. “Hanker not after dainty objects”, “Learn to be content with what you have.” “What you have let it suffice”. It is quite difficult sometimes to be satisfied when one lives inside a candy store of every flavor imaginable. The possibility of having more feeds into the desires of wanting more. But I am finding that the softness of my sheets makes it hard for me to get out of bed and the sweetness of all this candy just pains my teeth. None of these things are essential for life. None of these things are essential for spiritual growth. It is not until one has this realization can one truly understand the lessons that Amenenope expounds on. To be satisfied with what one has is grace from God. It is one of the many steps to the healing of a dulling of the mind. Once one realizes this, the mind can have a one-pointedness on the divine. This allows Khnum to come in and smooth out the personality so the mind can perceive the abundance of Nebertjer. In the simplicity of having less, needing less, grateful for what one has the soul grows. There is no longer any need to pacify the personality (ego) by associating with a heated personality or adapting oneself to anything that is less than the ideal.

Part 2: Question
One should associate with a heated personality so you can save them. True/False (False)
Video Marker: 1:10:00

Lesson 5: Part 1 – Reflection/Summary

In lesson 5, we are examining two important concepts, truth and desires. Amenmope states, “Do not speak falsely to a man, God abhors it.” In the phrase falsely to a man, I focused on the aspect of being truthful to myself in regards to the actions that I perform. Sebai Maa says that if 10 things are true and one is false, then that makes the entire statement true. When speaking of events or situations in relationship for me there is always wiggle room to color the truth. But in the examination of the self, it is not so easy. And that is when truth and desires clash revealing the true color of my heart. For sure, I desire many things. I enjoy many things from a physical perspective. Does that enjoyment negate my remembrance of Nebertjer? By the coloring of all things Nebertjer will that make enjoyment of my physical pleasures an expression of my truth? My desires and/or preferences are truths that give me happiness and even in the pain more happiness comes. But since it is physical and not the ideal, it is not Nebertjer in the highest most evolved state so I am living a lie. Yes, I desire many things, “the achievement of long life on earth, achieving the throne, health, progeny and endurance for my tomb, and my loved ones who are on earth.” I feel that it is my desires that keeping pushing me forward to always live truth on a higher level. Which means to me that I am always in search for eradication of that one thing that makes my life a lie.

What is the cause of deviation from truth? Answer: The ego and egoism
Video Marker: 0:19:05

Lesson 6: Part 1 – Reflection/Summary
In lesson 6 the various ways that one lies is continued from the previous lesson and expounded upon. Sebai Maa brings in the teachings from the 42 precepts to illustrate the many conflicts with lying. Lying can be 1) Lying as active unrighteousness 2) willful ignorance is active unrighteousness 3) innate ignorance. The willful ignorance made me reflect – that perhaps those words are just too strong. What are the reasons anyone would be deliberately and intentionally ignorant? Desires and self-interests are ways we speak falsely to ourselves and definitely to others. The refusal to know and accept the truth, the cognitive dissonance that we struggle with when facing situations and people are a form of willful ignorance. Cultural conditioning by family, friends and teachers fuel our choices to be ignorant in the face of what we know is truth. Sebai Maa says that we must look at information and evaluate it honestly. But since we have socialized and normalized this paradigm that we live, it becomes very easy for us to simply dismiss facts. This dismissal will eventually lead to a life of pain and sorrow. If we look at the precepts; if we live the precepts; if our life becomes an internalization of the precepts only then can we begin vanishing our “ego”. Until we make a conscious decision to become aware of truth and begin to live it regardless of our innate bias we will never know true happiness.
Nebertcher is behind all actions even unrighteous actions. True/False (True)
Video Marker: 1:22:28