Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Saphan
Participant

EM1 – Lesson 2 Reading Assignment – Personal Assessment Questions
1- How would you describe your knowledge of religion and philosophy?
I am not well versed. I have read 80% of the Bible. Ive tried translating portions from greek and latin to English. I have read the Kebra Negast and portions of the Apocryphya and Dead Sea Scrolls. I have always had an intense desire to get to the root of ritual and symbolism. I have taken a few philosophy & ethics courses in college. I have fallen out of the habit, but reading the closest to the original text was a sort of hobby. I enjoyed reading Confucian texts, Ethiopian orthodox texts, a variety of philosophy coming from the African diaspora, and of course the european philosophers. I’d need some refreshing to remember much but it has helped shape my current thought process.

2- What do you see as the greatest obstacle to your happiness and fulfillment in life?
Loving, accepting, and appreciating myself. Knowing my “Self”.

4- What is your previous religious affiliation or faith and how do you think that relates to what you are following now?
I was Baptized in a African American Traditional Baptist Church. I asked questions – I was met with refusals to answer, arguments, and conflicts. I will never go back!

I spent a year in Rastafarianism. I left because I began to dislike ALL other people outside my faith. I didn’t think that was the right path…Preach love but have negativity in your heart for non-believers

I have presently rekindled my search for the source of all spiritual concepts. I have begun to identify with my African ancestry and Kemetic teachings, although difficult…it feels right. The Kemetic teachings make sense and I see the positive changes occurring. That’s enough evidence that I’m on the right path!

5- What role do you feel religion or spirituality plays in your life?
I think there is a disconnect at present. I know spirituality is life. They cannot be separated and have either function properly. I am on a path to resurrect the old way of spiritual living – complete integration with my whole life.

6- Have you had any previous Yoga instruction? If so where and what was (is) your experience?
Basic New Age Yoga classes in person & DVD.
The DVDs allowed me to relax and helped my physical ailments. Psychologically it opened me up to the process of forgiving myself and others. I allowed me to see what was important in my daily life.

Recently I took the Tjef Neteru Lv1 training. It was a Nefer experience. I was exposed to a deeper understanding of the mind body connection. I was able to confirm some areas I thought I needed to work on. The major theme that came across in my training while doing the postures was expansion with Goddess Nut. It also helped me clear out some unnecessary habits & time consuming things. It gave me a glimpse of my capabilities when I let go of egoism.

7- Have you received any advanced religious instruction?
besides a course at Hofstra – The Bible as Literature – nope

8- How do you see your life?
A blessing through struggle.

9- What do you think of your own potential to succeed in life?
I know I am no where near my potential. I will get there – through spirit!

10- If you could, what would you like to do with your life?
Travel, Build a Zero Footprint Living/Learning Center – spiritual retreat, learning center, farm, school, and store – bring the goods I am guided to back to my community to aid in communal healing.

So far – the farm is in progress! Due Neteru!