Lesson 27 Video Assignment (Intro to Shetaut Neter 104-105 parts 1 & 2)
1. List the important themes presented
– Shetaut Neter- known as the Egyptian Mysteries- Teachings of the Hidden Supreme Being
– Myth, Ritual, and Mysticism= True Religion
– The source of strife in religions today is when those who believe and follow the teachings think their religion is better than another
– Neterianism= relates to the Neter (Shetaut Neter)
– Documented proof and complied research have shown that Shetaut Neter has influenced other religions
– The current form of Christianity that is practiced now is NOT the original form.
– Adopting the teaching correctly leads you towards turning away from strife and the desires of the world
– “Grief is natural to the mortal world and is always about you. Pleasure is a guest, and visiteth by thy invitation; use well thy mind, and sorrow shall be passed behind you. Be prudent and the visits of joy shall remain long with you”- AEP
– Religion is supposed to lead you to the road of Enlightenment, if this is not happening then you are not practicing the right religion
– The Spiritual culture and the Purpose of Life as a Shemsu of Shetaut Neter-
o “The purpose of all human life is to achieve a state of consciousness apart from the bodily concerns.”
o “Men and women are to become God-like through a life of virtue and the cultivation of the spirit through scientific knowledge, practice and bodily discipline.”
o “Salvation is the freeing of the soul from bodily fetters; becoming a God through knowledge and wisdom; controlling the forces of the cosmos instead of being a slave to them; subduing the lower nature and through awakening the higher self, ending the cycle of rebirth and dwelling with the Neters who direct and control the Great Plan.”
– There is something WITHIN you that is beyond these changing realms of consciousness (waking, dream, and dreamless)! How are you to discover this? How are we to achieve this? The Gods and Goddess are the key to this discovery.
o The Wisdom is inside of us, we just need to learn how to tap into it
– The ultimate goal is to discover that you are not the body- you are transcendental, absolute and immortal. No matter what happens in this realm of time and space it will not affect you because you KNOW that you are one with all things.
o “To Know God, strive to grow in stature beyond all measure; conceive that there is nothing beyond this capability. Know thyself deathless and able to know all things, all arts, sciences, the way of every life. Become higher than the highest height and lower than the lowest depth. Amass in thyself all senses of animals, fire, water, dryness and moistness. Think of thyself in all places at the same time, earth, sea, sky, not yet born, in the womb, young, old, dead, and in the after-death state.”
Heru holding all the animals signifies us being ONE with all creation. Our spiritual aspiration has reached a point of divine realization in all things. No longer a slave, but the Master. We are to know ourselves in this way! Believe that this is possible for you!
– Akhu is a person who has achieved Enlightenment
– The Shetaut Neter Spiritual Traditions relate to different forms of spiritual practice that originate from the single Supreme Being.
o Amun- Theman Theology
o Ra- Anunian Theology
o Ptah- Memphite Theology
– The Gods and Goddess originate from the SINGLE ONE. They are the forces all around and in us (Geb-Earth, Nut-Sky/Heavens, Shu-Air etc.). We can see them, but we cannot see the Hidden Divinity because it is immortal and beyond the limitations of time and space.
– Everything is a spiritual energy… a cosmic force, that you are trying to master and transcend. Therefore, you are not to be controlled by nature, you are a MASTER of nature.
– The greatest darkness is the darkness of ignorance