KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 › Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 › Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2
Reading Assignment (Lesson 23- pgs. 141-154)
Pg. 141- If religion and yoga are practiced at the lower levels only, what is the result?
– It will not yield spiritual enlightenment but dogmas and intellectualism.
Pg. 143- The Egyptian Yoga Book Series has been put together in such a fashion to offer what?
– Every individual a specific discipline as well as an integrated method to practice all forms of yoga while at the same time advancing through the three stages of religion.
Pg. 145- How should an aspirant think about their prospects to follow an integral path of Sema Tawi- Kemetic Yoga?
– With proper guidance (Spiritual Preceptor), the purpose of Integral Yoga is to promote integration of the whole personality for the aspirant.
There are Yoga teachings for every aspect of the personality, an aspirant will find themselves giving special emphasis to certain ones, however it is necessary that one practice them all so that all areas of the personality can be purified.
Integral Yoga is an effective method of spiritual practice to implement in order to evolve, leading towards Spiritual Enlightenment.
The 4 aspects of the personality are- Emotion, Reason, Action and Will.
Pg. 147- The Yoga of Devotional Love enhances and harnesses the Emotion aspect of the personality.
Integral Yoga gives you the opportunity to practice Yoga at all times
Pg. 149- Describe the 4 main paths of yoga practice
– Emotion- Control of feeling directed towards the Divine (Yoga of Devotional Love) leads to Love Contentment
– Reason- Understanding the Divine- Mystical Psychology (Yoga of Wisdom) leads to Understanding
– Action- Self-control, Selfless service, Purity of Heart. (Yoga of Righteousness and Virtue MAAT) leads to Peace
– Will- Study of Mind and development of inner powers (Yoga of Meditation) leads to Fulfillment
Pg. 151- The Yoga of Meditation controls the feeling directed towards the Divine
– False- That is Yoga of Devotional Love controls the feeling directed towards the Divine. The Yoga of Meditation controls the Will directed towards the Divine.
Pg. 153- What is one critical factor every aspirant should understand?
– How to balance the day to day reality with the teaching that is being learned.
- This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Phoenix Hetep MAAT.