KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 › Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 › Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2
Udja! Peace and Blessings
Reading Assignment (Lesson 21- pgs. 107-124)
Pg. 107- What is MAUI?
– “to think, to ponder, to fix attention, concentration”
Pg. 109- Name the process in the practice of Yoga of Wisdom?
– Listening to the wisdom teachings on the nature of reality (creation) and the nature of the Self.
o Fill the ears, listen attentively
– Reflecting on those teachings and incorporating them into daily life.
o To think, to ponder, to fix attention, concentration
– Meditating on the meaning of the teachings.
Pg. 111- What are the steps in practicing the Yoga of Action?
– Learn Ethics and Law of Cause and Effect- Practice right action
o 42 Precepts of MAAT- to purify gross impurities of the personality
Control Body, Speech, Thoughts
– Practice cultivation of the higher virtues
o Selfless-Service- to purify mind and intellect from subtle impurities
– Devotion to the Divine
o See maatian actions as offering to the Divine
o See oneself as one with Maat- United with the cosmic order which is the Transcendental Supreme Self.
How should a spiritual aspirant think about ego-based feelings and how does the Acton Path affect them as an aspirant transform through time?
– An aspirant should think about ego-based feelings as impurities (negative impressions) within the personality that need to be purified by practicing MAAT.
By following/practicing the Action Path (MAAT) one will begin to experience purification in the mind/senses from dull and subtle impurities, as well as create positive aryu in place of the negative through Selfless Service. The aspirant will then begin to see these actions as devotion to the Divine, instead of the works of the ego self.
As elevation continues to happen in this practice, the aspirant will also continue on the Spiritual path through meditation, eventually reaching a level of oneness with MAAT.
Pg. 113- If you do not learn the spiritual lesson that the situation is here to teach you, what happens?
– You are setting yourself up to repeat the experience again.
Pg. 115- By acting and moving like the gods and goddess, one can do what?
– Essentially discover their character, energy and divine agency within one’s consciousness- One with the Divine Self.
Pg. 117- Yoga postures began in India
– False. They began in Kemet
Pg. 119- Many enlightened personalities from time to time indulge in (recreational) activities.
Pg. 121- The stagnation of the flow of energy through the body has what effect?
– Grounding one’s consciousness to the physical realities rather than allowing the mind and body to operate with lightness and subtlety.