Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Phoenix Hetep MAAT
Participant

Udja! Peace and Blessings

Reading Assignment (Lesson 20 pgs. 91-106)
Pg. 91- Akhus, are (Enlightened) beings.
Pg. 93- The goal of the Neterian disciplines is to discover the meaning of (Who Am I)
How should a spiritual aspirant think about the diet of the initiates as espoused by the temple of Aset and is it a realistic goal to be achieved?
– It should be thought of as another important goal to culminate in the Spiritual path in order to reach Enlightenment. Understanding that although the body is illusory, it is still a vessel/ instrument created through your thoughts to be used and taken care of holistically, according to the teachings, in practical life. What we consume (Body, Mind, and Soul) should give us increasing Life, Vitality, and Health, it should also bring us purity for spiritual elevation so that we can commune with the Neteru (Gods and Goddesses) leading to the Neter (Supreme Divinity).
I do believe that it is a realistic goal that can be achieved. We live in a society that feeds a certain type of unhealthy conditioning when it comes to food! Instead of growing in knowledge and breaking free of this entanglement, people including myself have created bad eating habits which in turn have created negative aryu in the body when it comes to bodily health. I believe the ignorance in the ego tells us we can’t, however when you begin to increase your knowledge, resilience, live the teachings and do what is righteous you will find yourself slowly integrating the correct diet of food consumption.
One thing I am going to start doing is tricking the ego/senses when it wants me to eat something unhealthy. For example: when the ego/senses want me to give in and eat some type of unhealthy sweet snack, I’ll grab some fruit instead.
This is something Seba Dja spoke about in one of the Sunday worships. Where we are to, instead of finding ourselves in a constant battle with the ego/senses when it wants us to eat something unhealthy, which can ultimately deplete our energy resulting in defeat, we can trick the ego by eating something from a healthier aspect. Doing this will allow us to grow in our diets discipline as well as decrease, gain control of, and purify the desires of the ego/senses until we have reached a level of being the master to the ego/senses, instead of the slave.
Pg. 95- The general population was considered to be one of the healthiest groups of the ancient world
– True
The initiates ate the same diet as the common folk.
– False
Pg. 97- As part of your spiritual program, begin controlling your intake of (food) gradually.
Pg. 99- Whose favorite food is lettuce?
– Set and Heru
Pg. 101- If your family members are not interested or do not understand what you are trying to do, what should you do?
– Maintain your practices privately and try to keep the interruptions to a minimum.
Pg. 103- Once you have established a schedule of minimal time to devote to practices, what should you do?
– Stay consistent while also increasing your time and resilience towards the Shedy study time. Being mindful that the study of the Shedy disciplines are integral so every aspect needs to be touched and implemented.
Pg. 105- One should start their Spiritual Practice with exercise, prayer, breathing or meditation
– They should start with Deep breathing
What is the minimum time for meditation? 5-10 mins

Dua HTP