Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

Participant

Udja, Peace and Blessings

Audio Assignment (Lesson 19- What is necessary for Success in the Spiritual Practice)
1. What are the main teachings brought out in the audio lecture recording? Explain in your own words
– In Ancient Egypt, Spiritual practice was called Shedy- which means penetrating the mysteries, doing activities that allow you to gain insight into the teachings, a form of resurrection
– How life is for a person who does not have an effective Spiritual Practice Vs. How life is for someone who does have an effective Spiritual Practice.
For those who do not, they are constantly entangled by ignorance and the egoism of the individual self, in this state, life is worse than an animal.
For someone who does have an effective Spiritual Practice they are able to rise above the illusions and ignorance (LOTUS), leading to the discovery of WHO they are because they implement the teachings into their life.
– Cultivating virtues, bringing those virtues into everyday life, and continuous spiritual practice in those virtues- MAAT Philosophy
– The ultimate truth is that nothing you obtain in your egoistic life is abiding
– You must go beyond Faith, go ever Higher in search for yourself (non-fascism)
– You must first reach Purity for Spiritual evolution
– Selfless service is the most effective way to obtain purity of heart
– The understanding of Truth- There is no literal truth, spiritual teachings are only guides to help you reach the abiding Truth
– Misconceptions that arise during Spiritual Practice
o You won’t reach Enlightenment
o You can’t practice if you have kids, you have to wait until they are grown
o Waiting until retirement
– Spiritual practice should be Steady and Balanced- living by virtues allow you to do this mentally and practically
– Adversities are really challenges
– Seeing yourself as the Divine working through you in all things at all times.
2. Are you currently implementing the teaching given in the book and lecture?
If so which one(s)?
– Yes, I am. I consistently study and humbly try to live by the Shedy teachings as well as the MAAT Philosophy on a daily basis. It is starting to become more challenging to implement the MAAT teachings in my practical life when it comes to difficult/trying situations because I am used to doing/saying things from an ignorant level when faced with certain adversities or situations. However, this tells me that the Shedy disciplines/teachings are infusing themselves into my egoism.
I read in Sebai Maa’s book “Introduction to Maat Philosophy” in one of the Question and Answer sections where he shares wisdom on when aspirants go through something called “personality integration”. I believe that I am currently experiencing this level, because everything communicated in that section resonated true for me. I know that I am to reflect on the greater meaning of the challenges I experience and have faith, this is the Divine Self working.
I also find it sometimes challenging to stay consistent in increasing my Will Power, Resilience, and Perseverance when it comes to breaking free from certain worldly entanglements. I learned that becoming aware of these subtle and dull ignorance’s is in itself a major step, sometimes I even find myself thinking on what the Shedy disciplines teach me in those moments but will still “give in” to the ignorance’s instead of doing what is taught in the teachings.
It is constantly taught that we are to always be aware of our aryu, increase our knowledge to do what is righteous (MAAT) which leads to Wisdom, and to keep piercing through the veil of ignorance so that it can be removed, revealing continual elevation towards Spiritual Sight…I will continue to do so!
I am starting to see myself (life) in the Myth of Asar, Aset, and Heru

Dua HTP