Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Phoenix Hetep MAAT
Participant

Udja!
Reading Assignment (Lesson 18 pgs. 59- 68)
Pg. 59- The world did not come from (nothing) neither is it sustained by nothing.
Pg. 61- Where did the term “Neterianism” derive from? The Kemetic spirituality of Shetaut Neter (the study of the secret or mystery of Neter (divinity).
Those who follow the path may be referred as (Shemsu Neter)
Pg. 63- Write out the Four Great Truths
– Pa Neter ua ua Neberdjer m Neteru- The Neter, the Supreme Being is one and alone and as Neberdjer, manifesting everywhere and in all things in the form of Gods and Goddesses.
– An-Maat swy Saui Set s-khemn- Lack of righteousness brings fetters to the personality, and these fetters lead to ignorance of the Divine.
– S-Uashu s-Nafu n saiu Set- Devotion to the Divine leads to freedom from the fetters of Set
– Ari Shedy Rekh ab m Maakheru- The practice of the Shedy disciplines leads to knowing oneself and the Divine, this is called being True of Speech.
What are the afflictions of Set? Anger, greed, hatred, jealousy, envy, dishonesty. When a human being acts in ways that are not according to the natural order of nature, this leads to negative qualities in the mind and within one’s personality.
What is the meaning of the term “Nafu”? Freedom, Liberation, to breathe.
Pg. 65- The four disciplines of Shedy are:
– Rekh Shedy (Wisdom)
– Ari Shedy (Righteous Action and Selfless Service)
– Uashu (Ushet) Shedy (Devotion)
– Uaa Shedy (Meditation)
How should a spiritual aspirant think about their prospects to achieve the “Great Awakening”?
– As an obtainable, ultimate goal that can be reached when the aspirant realizes the perfection of applying the Shedy disciplines to their everyday life leads to the realization of nature- Oneness with the Transcendental Supreme Being.
Pg. 67- What teaching(s) of the Neterian Creed do you believe in currently, are working on believing, and find hard to believe? Why?
– I believe in all of the teachings presented in the Neterian Creed without hesitation or difficulty. Listening, studying (reflecting) and applying (meditating) the teachings has allowed me to experience gradual change throughout all aspects of my being. When I read the Neterian Creed (as well as the Shetitu) a transcending divine energy of “Knowing” takes over me and the words of Power (teachings) resonate as True for me.

Dua HTP!