Reply To: Teachings of Temple of Aset Lesson 8 Discussion Forum

Olapeju
Participant

Lesson 8
Which hieroglyphic term covered in this lesson was most captivating to your personality and why?
The term(s) most captivating to me is mesu hesyu- children vibrating. Sebai went on further to interpret the term(s) as “shivering people, fearful children of people like that from a culture of fear that grips your whole life.” Additionally, “ fearful child is worse because you have no intellect to combat your fear.”
I reflected on Seba Dja’s teaching some years ago that all fear is rooted in the fear of death. Creation dying from the activation of the Taffy Shepsy trembles in this fear, the fear that grips a culture deluded in it’s ignorance of Self. I’ve often reflected on why we are afraid of dying/death. Yes, “leaving loved ones behind” is an emotional ordeal for some and there is a level of pain and discomfort involved in the process of dying but I suspect the fear goes deeper than the physiological and emotional experience. Creation trembling in this way gives a prelude to the psychological experience one experience as their identity unravels. By having the knowledge and experience of oneself as Life Force Energy and vibrating at the right pitch one is able to overcome this fear and remain steadfast.

What teaching (s) did you learn in this lesson do you need to reflect on more or start to apply or work more diligently on implementing on your personality, mentally, emotionally, metaphysically, or otherwise to emulate human Lady Aset on her path?

I need to reflect more on and work more diligently on sitting in silence both formally and while in action. It is said that time is relative. One may say life is so busy and goes so fast. Another may say time moves so slow. Being more aware is a goal of mine. That requires slowing my perception of the movements around me down. Since it’s a perception, it should interfere with the next man’s experience of it. More times than none it’s after the fact that I am able to reflect on an experience but I would like to be more aware while the experience is taking place.

HTP