KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 › Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 › Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2
Introduction to Egyptian Yoga and Neterian Spirituality workbook pp 59 – 68
1. In Kamitan spirituality there is more focus on the divinity as opposed to the personality of the preceptor.
2. The world did not come from nothing.
3. Where did the term “Neterianism” derive from? Shetaut Neter
4. Those who follow the path may be referred to as Neterians.
5. Write out the Four Great Truths: One) The Neter, the Supreme Being, is One and alone and as Neberdjer, manifesting everywhere and in all things in the form of Gods and Goddesses. Two) Lack of righteousness brings fetters to the personality and these fetters lead to ignorance of the Divine. Three) Devotion to the Divine leads to freedom from the fetters of Set. Four) The practice of the Shedy disciplines leads to knowing oneself and the Divine. This is called being True of Speech.
6. What are the afflictions of Set? When a human being acts in ways that contradict the natural order of nature, negative qualities of the mind will develop within that person’s personality; such as anger, hatred, greed, lust, jealousy, envy, gluttony, dishonesty, hypocrisy, etc.
7. What is the meaning of the term “Nafu”? Liberated from the afflictions of Set.
8. The four disciplines of Shedy are: wisdom, righteous action/ selfless service, devotion, and meditation.
9. Great awakening occurs when all of the Great Truths have been realized.