KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME › Forums › Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 › Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 › Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2
Level 1 Lesson 12 Readings 169-178
Questions and answers
Q1. Sdjm means ___ the teachings.
Q2. After practicing for many years and not becoming enlightened the recourse an aspirant should take is:
– listen to the teachings and employ diligence with discipline in the practice of the teachings
– be consistent, uncompromising, fastidious, meticulous, and strict in the practices
– manage worldly responsibilities but do not pursue worldly concerns beyond the necessary
– keep a focus on disengaging from worldly entanglements
– recognize that the three stages of assimilation ( i.e. listening, reflecting and meditating) are impaired when the aspirant is not dispassionate about worldly attachments
– realize that the soul must lead itself to awakening and that Devotion to the Divine and Right Action practices assist in the process
– understand that intellectual knowledge must be augmented by feeling the teachings. Devotional exercises and rituals help combine the intellectual framework to an experiential element which deepens the overall meaning of the experience.
– be patient that the result of the practice is a super conscious state of mind experience. This experience is a propellant towards spiritual awakening
– meditation is the key to super consciousness . Meditation requires a purified personality, that is, one that is free of worldly attachments and desires. The purification of personality leads to spiritual strength and unfettered willpower which in turn leads to success on the spiritual path.
Q3. When does maturity to succeed in the teachings occur?
A3. When there is sufficient frustration with the pursuit of worldly desires and a recognition within oneself of the substantiveness of the High Teachings.
Q4. The desire for worldly attainments should be replaced by the desire for ______ attainment.
Q5. Those who want to practice salad bar _________ or seek the advice of oracles or create their own independent classes should do so on their own.
Q6. How should the aspirant think about their spiritual path when they encounter failure to meet the instructions of the teachings or they fail to execute their own desired level of practice?
The following prescribes remediation:
– follow the path diligently
– properly prioritize life
– reduce worldly entanglements
– leave the spiritual salad bar alone
– intensify practice when possible
– be consistent with studies
– repeat effort when interrupted
– see spiritual endeavor through to the end