Reply To: Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Integral Clergy of Kemet Studies Program Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors Reply To: Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors

Asar Maat E
Participant

Submitted by Setna Nebi Ra Hemu Assignment for 8/4/2019
This message is posted on behalf of Setna Nebi Ra due to technical difficulties.

Q. A) How did the communication exchange differ from the recommendations of the MAAT teachings each student selected and the communication skills and the Gottman principles that were discussed?
List the applicable principles citing the forum or video time and date of the applicable discussion and or principles.

B) How could the communication interaction have been different if the MAAT teachngs each student selected and the communication skills and the Gottman principles discussed had been applied? List the applicable principles.

Answer A: Udja, in beginning a response to the question, will begin by sayng Unut Anpu did not have a formal response to his chosen precepts, however in hindsight, he did say if was able to choose, he would have chosen principles…….

Asar Djehuty Mes Maat principles were:
#25 I did not stir up strife
#32 I have not transgressed or angered God
#37 I have not spoken scornfully, I have not yelled unnecessarily or raised my voice.

Juxtaposed to #25, when observing the resulting conversation that ensued after Asar Djehuty Mes made his declaration, something was stirred up. Which in a highly definitive sense probably wasn’t strife, but in some way, was a derivative of it. Meaning that it had a resulting effect on Unut Anpu even before it was mentioned that the missive was directed at him.

So why was the response differing from varying members, why did Unut Anpu seize the moment to get to some level of clarity. As a matter of fact what caused Asar Djehuty Mes a) to send out that missive; and b) why was that medium chosen (Clergy whatsapp) to discuss or mentioned something that directed at one individual, although at some point or another we all may have at some point found ‘guilty” based on the charges laid. Another question that came to mind was, why did Asar Djehuty Mes felt he was being disrespected or dismissed when this is/was something common in interactions among not only Hemu, but initiates as a whole.
So these were my ponderments during this exercise. Not that I have an answer, there are there nevertheless.
Now having being around my two brothers going almost 20 years, I tend to feel that I know their personalities to a particular degree, also there is history to their relationship, which at certain junctures, held strong opposing views, going back to the days of the Sheti Fund meetings.
So simply put, there is a history and there is precedence, it just happens to be playing out in this forum. So that leads to an understanding that, within the ariu of both personailties there expressions are tied, meaning the personalities and consequent expression of them is necessary for evolvement of both individuals. If not resolved in this experience, it will rear its head again, if not through this exercise through interaction with some other personality(ies).
Within their interaction, what was evident was that they displayed what The Gottman Institute pointed out what brings havoc to a relationship (Youtube: 4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Gottman Institute). What was displayed was Criticism, Contempt, Defensiveness and Stonewalling, subtly so. So if the opposing criteria for combatting these 4 horsemen were/are generally instituted, there is no doubt it can lead to a different experience, thereby a different end result. It was interesting to note that both students chose precepts that ended being in opposition to their actions. So in essence, it seems as if the innate desire of the Self got its “way”.
This exercise certainly brought a pause to my perusings and I totally understand, it is not so much of Asar Djehuty Mes and Unut Anpu, but to check my own self and see where I’ve erred in my own interactions and relationships with those around me.

Dua Sebai Maa
Dua Sba Dja
Dua Hemu
Htp.