Reply To: Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Integral Clergy of Kemet Studies Program Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors Reply To: Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors

AlexanderMoore
Participant

A-How did this communication exchange differ from the recommendations of the MAAT teachings each student selected and the communication skills and the Gottman principles that were discussed?

B-How could the communication interaction have been different if the MAAT teachings each student selected and the communication skills and the Gottman principles that were discussed had been applied? List the applicable principles.

1- List the applicable principles ???citing the forum or video time and date of the applicable discussion and or principles.

The conversation between Asr Djehuti Mes and Anpu Waset exchange differ from the recommendations of the MAAT teachings each student selected and the communication skills and the Gottman principles that were discussed. If the following teaches had been observed the conversation between Unut Anpu and Asr. Djehuti Mes would have been easy resolved.

I have elected precept 37 right speech “I have not spoken scornfully or yelled unnecessarily or raise my voice,” because this is a place where I can use much improvement. I think such an interaction for a person who is firmly grounded in this precept when they communicate and/or interact with themselves and with others will be balance in calmness and truth. They would be reflective, calm and mindful of their actions when interacting with others. They will not come off as being impatience, judgmental , blaming and/ or argumentative.

Sage Amenemope
Another thing that is good in the heart of the God
To pause before speaking

Sage Ptahotep

A quarreler is a mindless person
If he is known as an aggressor
The hostile man will have trouble in the neighborhood

Sage Ani

Conquer malice in your self
A quarrelsome man doesn’t rest on the morrow.
Keep away from a hostile man.
Do not let him be your comrade
Befriend one, who is straight and true
One whose actions you have seen
If your rightness matches his
The friendship will be balanced

The information comes from page 23 from 42 precepts of MAAT and their foundation in the philosophy of righteous action of the wisdom text sages of ancient Egypt study guide by Dr. Muata Ashby.

Asr. Djehuti Mes continued to go back and forth with Anpu Waset even though Anpu was not clear about the request that he was asking. The exchange went on for an extended period of time which it shouldn’t have based on the aforementioned principles and several others. Asr. Djehuti Mes in the words of sage needled Anpu Waset by continuing the conversation after Anpu showed signs of agitation and asked not to be addressed anymore in the conversation.

B-How could the communication interaction have been different if the MAAT teachings each student selected and the communication skills and the Gottman principles that were discussed had been applied? List the applicable principles.

The conversation conflict started because Asr Djehuti Mes did not use gentle started when making request from anpu. Asr Djehuti Mes failed to apply the right techniques in the area of criticism. The issues should have been bought up at a more appropriate time and place. Maybe a phone call and/or requested meeting with Sebai Maa would have been more appropriate if we couldn’t resolve the issue independently.