Reply To: Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Integral Clergy of Kemet Studies Program Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors Reply To: Integral Clergy of Ancient Egypt Studies course-Assignment-handling the heart and its related behaviors

Amuntyt
Participant

A-How did this communication exchange differ from the recommendations of the MAAT teachings each student selected and the communication skills and the Gottman principles that were discussed? List the applicable principles ???citing the forum or video time and date of the applicable discussion and or principles.

The two key parties involved were Unut Anpu and Asar Djheutymess. Only Asar Djheutymess response was available for review (unless I missed something).
The Precepts that Asar Djheutymess chose were:
25 _ I have not stirred up strife
32 – I have not transgressed or angered God
37 – I have not spoken scornfully; variant: I have not yelled unnecessarily or raised my voice.

Asar Djheutymess requested that going forward he wanted to be called by the name Asar Djheutymess by the Hemu and presumably by the rest of the Neterian communities. Unut Anpu was confused by the request because he thought that he called Asar Djheutymess by that name already. For Asar Djheutymess to say otherwise kicked in his legal training (or egoistic conditioning) to get to the root of the allegation.

To me, this conversation was one person wanted to be heard (Asar Djheutymess) and the other wanting to understand (Unut Anpu). This type of medium (texting) sometimes makes understanding and intent difficult since the other sensatory modes (facial expression, tone of voice, etc.) are not available to help with communication. If any of the above three precepts were violated I think it was unintentional.

B. How could the communication interaction have been different if the MAAT teachings each student selected and the communication skills and the Gottman principles that were discussed had been applied? List the applicable principles.

The communication could have been improved with the use of the Gottman principles. To offset Criticism, Asar Djheutymess could speak about his feelings of being called just Asr. I think Unut Anpu’s recommendation to take a break and discuss this issue in the Hmu meeting was appropriate. However, this was suggested after stonewalling and allowing the heated conversation to carry on for quite some time before making that suggestion. The conversation also deteriorated into a “kitchen sink” conversation by bringing up past issues. Gottman recommends bringing up one issue at a time.

The positive aspect of their communication was their sign-off which was acknowledged by HTP and Love you, my Brother, etc. I would like to think that the need (conscious or unconscious) to honor the higher self in each other outweighed the need of the ego to be heard or to understand.
HTP, Amuntyt