Reply To: Initiation Temple of Asar Lesson 1 Discussion Forum

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Initiation Temple of Asar 360 Initiation Temple of Asar Lesson 1 Discussion Forum Reply To: Initiation Temple of Asar Lesson 1 Discussion Forum

EdwardStephenson
Participant

Temple of Asar Lesson 1
What knowledge and experience with the temple spaces, iconography, and hieroglyphs has been gained from this lesson and how does it feel to grow into the experience of this knowledge

Discussion Forum Task 1:
As I was introduced to the temple spaces I became immediately aware that this was a journey into oneself and into the cosmos; a journey of self-transformation, self-discovery and recovery. This journey into the temple, as I experienced it, felt like a pilgrimage-a spiritual journey aimed at healing, resurrecting and reassembling the soul. The nature of this journey it seems, is characterized by a movement away from the outer world of the mundane to the inner world of the magnanimous and ALL ENCOMPASSING DIVINITY. As we move into the temple we go from the surface, consciousness, to the depths of the DUAT or unconscious, and move through the Astral plain where we encounter cosmic forces and energies that arise from our own Ariu. As we encounter these cosmic principles, we try to go beyond their manifest appearance and penetrate their latent meanings while integrating them into our personality. The goal is to actualize these principles within ourselves so that they become operational and serve as a directive force within our personality.

The Glyphs and iconography inscribed on the temple walls, while appearing simple, we know they profess a magnificent philosophy and spiritual practice which when made operational, lead to a state of Akhu or Asarian consciousness. As we enter the Astral plain, we transcend time and space and experience in the present, what occurred millennia ago when our ancestors were themselves initiated into these temples. And so I am gratified to know that my Ariu has taken me here and that I have the opportunity to participate in this initiation process as had my ancestors whose essence are now with me as they had been in the past.

Discussion Forum Task 2: Readings “Describe the teachings you are receiving and how it relates to your journey”

Chapter 1 of The Temple of Asar comprised of a historical overview of the Egyptian people who migrated out of Ethiopia or Nubia now referred to as Sudan. Unlike other African people whose cultures and religions were lost or transformed by the process of colonization, Egyptian culture was preserved through iconographical and architectural records. What intrigues me most about this history is the significance of Ethiopia and Egypt (Kush and Kemet) in representing the origins of civilization and the fact that their culture had reached the apex of all known civilizations based mainly on their spiritual traditions.
Shetaut Neter was the mystic philosophy practiced by the ancient Egyptians and which was left for all humanity to be used to promote peace and prosperity for all. It is the foundation of all modern religions and encompassed all three dimensions of religion: myth, ritual and mysticism. Shetaut Neter—hidden divinity—relates to the higher mysteries of the universe and promotes insight into the nature of the self-leading to enlightenment.
Principles of Shetaut Neter
1)Men and women are to become Godlike through a life of virtue and cultivation of the spirit through scientific knowledge, practice, and bodily discipline. Goal of the mysteries is to master the forces of the lower self. Unlike modern religions that operate on faith, within the Neterian tradition salvation is based on knowledge and practice
2)The soul belongs to heaven and the body belongs to earth. The hidden self is transcendental and immortal and discovering this is the purpose of life. What comes to mind here is the extent this is truly a life’s journey that requires the highest degree of steadfastness, spiritual strength and the ability to discern truth from falsehood, reality from illusion. What appears to be self-evident and manifest is illusory and what is hidden when revealed proves to be real and enduring.

There are six main traditions which includes:
1)Asrian ttradition
2)Ra tradition
3)Ptah tradition
4)Amun tradition
5)Goddes tradition
6)Aton tradition
While all six traditions have different names, they all lead to the same place—enlightenment or Nehast. This is referred to as Henotheism. The difference between them is that some are more ritualistic while others focus more on the wisdom. I admire the flexibility of the Neterian tradition in terms of being able to align oneself with dimensions of the tradition that are congruent with our personalities

Basic Tenets of Shetaut Neter
1)The purpose of life is to attain enlightenment
2)Shetaut Neter is the highest endeavor in life
3)Everyone is responsible for promoting order and truth
4)One should give selfless service to family, community and humanity
5)Protect nature
6)Protect the weak and oppressed
7)Care for the hungry
8)Care for the homeless
9)Equality for all people
10)Justice for all
11)Share resources
12)Protect and proper raising of children
13)Movement towards balance and peace

When one is able to make manifest the divine dimensions of self-one is then able to express these virtues which makes for peace both within oneself and within the world. and within the world.