Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Audio Discussion Forum #2

Maat Middleton
Participant

Level 1 Lesson 11 Awt Audio Assignment

1- What are the main teachings brought out in the audio lecture recording?

Sebai Maa when over the cleansing process of the body, speech and the mind. He taught about the proper postures that the initiates have to maintain and how to act in the presence of the preceptor, the deity and each other.

He mention the state of purity an initiates must have upon entering the spiritual hall, having been cleansed. Entering the Temple one must be silent rather than talkative, introverted rather than extroverted, dedicated and meditative. You must have special clothing just for the temple use. He mention that they have someone who can make the special clothing for you. You have to take a bath and be smelling properly with clean mouth, (speech, chants and divine singing) mind and body to wash away negativities, to avoid carrying worldly vibrations and impression of ignorance. There shall be no sex or meat eating before entering the Temple.
He spoke about learning how to control your mind. How they begin the program to cleanse the mind. He taught about what one has to do to become advanced students of the teachings. He also went over the practices of the daily basis which takes your whole personality into account, the intellect, the emotions, spiritual consciousness, and body into the practice in a balance way. The mind has to be consistently turned to the divine at all time in order for you to be successful in the spiritual practice. One has to be balance and calm to discover the mysteries in the Temple. When feeling and understanding are harmonized and cultivated there’s no stopping your spiritual evolution.

Sebai Maa went over the relationship between the initiates, as to how they are to act among each other and behave inside the temple. He spoke on the proper way to have relationship with each other inside the temple to learn and gain an eternal detachment from the world in a balance way. The initiates have to get cleansed of all anger, hatred, greed, guilt, jealousy and etc. (fetters of Set). He spoke of selfless service that an initiates has to be committed too. He also spoke on other duties of the initiates.
Notes: The initiates has to be first and for most to forgive.

2- Are you currently implementing the teachings given in the book and the lecture? If so which one(s)?

Yes I am currently implementing the teachings given in the book and the lecture. After receiving the information from this audio assignment I am more aware of the cleansing process taking place within my personality on a higher level. I am now enabled to reflect on my body, speech and mind carrying out more of the principles of living Maat. I have been practicing the Shedy teachings and the process on a daily basis. I am experiencing how my intellect, my emotions, spiritual consciousness and body is becoming more balance by the process of daily focus and practice in all the way that I can within any day. I am also learning not to be hard on myself when in any day I am not able to complete any part of my Shedy practices. I also find that anger, hatred, greed, guilt, jealousy and the fetters of Set within my personality is being cleanse on different degrees, not to say I am cleared of all these emotional responses but I am doing much better learning and becoming aware of them and what causes them to be a part of my personality, due to a lack of self-knowledge.

3- If not then how will you implement the teachings you are not currently practicing in your life and spiritual practice?

I am doing all the necessary things that I can do to practice and follow the teachings and it’s working out very well for me.

Hotep – Hetep
Sehu – Spiritual counselor
Dua” posture raised hands
Dua – Adoration
Seba – Preceptor – Star – Illuminating Force – Shining Object

HTP