Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

KEMET UNIVERSITY HOME Forums Egyptian Mysteries Level 1 Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2 Reply To: Level 1 Book Reading Assignment Discussions Forum #2

Maat Middleton
Participant

Level 1 Lesson 6 Reading Assignment Page 59-68

Question: The world did not come from nothing, nor is it sustained by nothing. Rather it is a manifestation of that which is beyond time and space but which at the same time permeates and maintains the fundamental elements. In other words, it is the substratum of creation and the essential nature of all that exists.

Those who follow the path may be referred to as Neterians.

Notes: Write out the four great truths: Pa Neter Ua Ua Neberdjer m Neteru ” The Neter, the supreme Being, is One and alone and as Neberdjer, manifesting everywhere and in all things in the form of Gods and Goddesses.”

2nd, an-Maat swy Saui Set s Khemn
“Lack of righteousness brings fetters to the personality and these fetters cause ignorance of the Divine.”

3rd, s-Uashu s-Nafu n saiu Set
“Devotion to the Divine leads to freedom from the fetters of Set.”

4th, ari Shedy Rekh ab, m Maakheru
“The practice of the Shedy disciplines leads to knowing oneself and the Divine. This is called being True of Speech.

What are the afflictions of Set? Egoism, ignorance, selfishness, anger, hatred, greed, lust, jealousy, envy, gluttony, dishonesty, hypocrisy, etc.

What is the meaning of the term “Nafu” freedom – to breathe from the afflictions of Set?

Notes. The four disciplines of Shedy are:
A) Rekh Shedy – Wisdom
B) Ari Shedy – Righteous action and selfless service
C) Uashu Shedy – Devotion
D) Ua Shedy – Meditation

How should a spiritual aspirant think about their prospects to achieve the “Great Awakening”? By listening to the wisdom teachings, by acting and living by truth and applying right actions and thoughts, I will become virtuous and purify my heart. I have to understand and know myself to be as the Neteru’s. I am finding that with daily devotion to God (Neberdjer) with sincere worship, ritual and divine love, I will be lead away from my ignorance. I am convinced that the daily use of meditation will assist and allow me to rise from the gross, subtle ignorance of mortal human existence to discover that which transcend time and space. So I think that by practicing the Great Truths in my life and perfecting the Shedy disciplines I will be able to realize my true nature and actually experience oneness with the transcendental Supreme Being.

Question: What teaching (s) at the Neterian Greed do you believe in currently, are working on believing, find hard to believe? Why? I believe in the entire Neterian Greed. Why? It makes a lot of sense to me and from my Shedy devotion to the practice and wisdom teachings that’s cleansing and purifying me so far, I can see how it’s working on my personality, heart and mind. It’s powerful and this fulfills me with the desire to increase my devotional practices daily. As this has been my goal for many years and my ignorance kept me in the world, yet now that has changed making the worldly activities less and less meaningful to me, as I am becoming enlightened bit by bit due to the Shetaut Neter wisdom teachings and practices, with a new circle of good associations to which I am most grateful to be apart of.

HTP